Welcome to the Hillcrest Turf Blog. As our blog grows and develops we are creating a "year in review" and the blog with pictures and articles related to different problems and successes during the growing season remind us of the many improvements Hillcrest under goes every season.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A couple of thank you's

Often throughout the course of the growing season members lend their personal talents or equipment to help us complete a project, give us material, or save a crew members thumb (it wasnt that bad).

For the cart path project on #17 we borrowed a local contracters plate packer to pack the base course for the concrete and when a full truck didnt quite finish the cart path the last two yards came for free. I certainly appreciate the help and while almost all of these donation go unmentioned they dont go unnoticed.

When we put up the new canopies this spring we got to borrow a contractors dyna lift which would have cost a little to rent and added a couple of hours to the task. The best part about that was now I am a licensed operator if I need to hang some trusses. I think the only thing you need to know about hanging trusses is how to drive the dyna lift. Right?

And today, I was pretending to be a mechanic and tried to remove my thumb from my hand. I finished up my morning work and was still losing blood so I stopped over at the doctors house for some stitches and a medical demit from my 2:20 tee time today. I sure appreciate the time and money savings to patch me up.

I know I have probably forgotten someone or some act of kindness to our crew, but we really do appreciate the help. We work hard for you and that kindness makes it worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment