Welcome to the Hillcrest Turf Blog. As our blog grows and develops we are creating a "year in review" and the blog with pictures and articles related to different problems and successes during the growing season remind us of the many improvements Hillcrest under goes every season.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Snow mold and equipment care........

So today I finished up the snow mold prevention application on the greens. I also tank mixed a plant protectant to help prevent winter dessication. I usually have this down by Thanksgiving but the weather before Thanksgiving was really nice and then the week after Thanksgiving I handwatered greens instead. Then we got some snow and I had to wait for that to melt to put the finishing touches on the golf course for the winter.

I also picked up the front nine flags and some other stray furniture which makes the course open for winter play only. That means no carts and no play on the front side.

When we bring these pieces in for cleaning it has become quite the process. This sprayer will take about 12 hours to clean. The tank gets cleaned with muriatic acid. If I cleaned something at my house I would use acid; it works pretty good to get rid of chemical stains.

During the cleaning, especially on the sprayer, I make notes of parts that need to be repaired or fixed. The sprayer this year will get all new spray tips and I repaired a function that I have been living without during the season, but kinda missed it. I also have a part to replace that I got caught on a tree limb back in August and a few inexpensive parts to fix on the booms. Otherwise this piece of equipment has been running very well for us and is heading into its 8th year with just short of 1000 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment